With Facebook being one of the most popular social networks today and with over 1 billion daily active users, creating a Facebook business page is one of the best ways to reach and connect with your target audience.
By creating a Facebook business page, you allow your potential clients and customers to connect with you. You can interact with your Facebook fans in conversations, and make your health & wellness brand stand out more.
If your health & wellness business is not on Facebook yet, you might be missing out on a lot of opportunities. But it’s not too late!
Here are 8 simple steps to create your Facebook business page:
STEP 1: Create a Facebook account
You will need to sign up for a personal Facebook account before you can create a page for your health & wellness business. Facebook pages are always associated with a personal account.
STEP 2: Create your Facebook business Page
Once you’re logged into your Facebook account, you will be able to create a new business Facebook page.
To get started visit this link and fill out your basic business information.
From there, choose among 6 categories for your page:
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
Selecting the right category will help you reach the proper audience. Don’t worry though, you can still change the name or the category later if you like.
STEP 3: Fill in your business information
Complete the setup of your page by entering the following information:
- Categories - Identify the category that represents your health & wellness business
- Business Or Place Name - Enter your business name
- Address - Input the Street Address, City/State and Zip Code of your business
- Phone Number - Key in the phone numbers potential customers can use to contact your business
STEP 4: Upload a profile photo or icon for your page
Select a profile picture that is easily identifiable and is something you want people to associate with your business. You can use a picture of your product, or a photo of your logo or even a photo of a celebrity endorser of your health & wellness business.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a profile picture:
- Is it a visually appealing photo?
- Is it representative of your business?
- Is it high resolution with dimensions of at least 180 pixels x 180 pixels?
Here is a list of sizes that Facebook uses your profile picture within the site:
- Main profile image on your page - 160 x 160
- News Feed - 100 x 100
- Timeline - 86 x 86
- Next to comments - 43 x 43
STEP 5: Create a cover photo
Just like with your profile picture, you would want your cover photo to stand out. It appears across the top of your page and should be 851 pixels x 315 pixels in size.
Having a cover photo is an excellent opportunity to deliver a visual element that supports your brand, draws attention and elicits emotion from your visitors.
STEP 6: Fill out your business profile completely
You can fill out your profile more by adding information to your page information section, To access this, click on “About” on the left column.
The most helpful pieces of information would be:
- Start Info - You can decide when your health & wellness company was born, founded, created, launched or started. This will appear in the history timeline on the right of your page’s feed and as an update at the very bottom of your main feed.
- Address - Fill this in if you want people to be able to check in via Facebook when they’re near your area.
- Description - This is a good way to go beyond the 155 character limit in the description on the main page. Add additional information that explains your health & wellness brand or business even further.
- Phone number/Email address - You may add additional contact information.
STEP 7: Add associates to your page
You will want to grant access for various people and various roles if you plan on sharing Facebook marketing duties with a team.
These are the roles that you can choose from:
- Admin - Total and complete access to everything. By default, the Facebook account owner is set as admin.
- Editor - An editor can edit your Facebook page, send messages and post as the page. They can create Facebook ads, see which admin formed a post or comment and view insights.
- Moderator - Can reply to and delete comments on the page, send messages as the page, see which admin generated a post or comment, create ads and view insights.
- Advertiser - Can see which admin created a post or comment and view insights.
- Analyst - Can see which admin composed a post or comment and view insights.
- Live Contributor - Can go live as the page from a mobile device but can’t comment as the page, create ads, access publishing tools or view insights
You can add collaborators by going to your page settings and the page “roles” section.
STEP 8: Publish your first post
You can now begin adding content to your page by publishing a post. Whether it’s a status update, a link, a photo, an event, a video or a milestone--new and fresh content on your page will make it look all the more appealing as soon as new visitors come over to check it out.
Now that you’ve created your Facebook business page, here are a few more things to do and you’ll be on your way:
- Invite your friends to like your page - After you’ve posted some content on your page, you should let your friends and family know that your health & wellness business has a Facebook page. A page with very few “Likes” might appear less legitimate so it’s important to get them as soon as possible.
- Advertise on Facebook - This is appealing because you can target a very specific audience. Your ads are visible to precisely the people you need and want to reach.
- Get listed in Google’s organic results - Being ranked on the first page of Google is no easy feat, especially for small business websites. However, you can have your health & wellness business listed on Facebook it increases your chances of getting a spot on the first page of Google.
- Market your business for free - If done correctly, you can reap the results from your Facebook page without paying a single cent.
Congratulations! You’re now ready to set up a Facebook business page! This is an excellent tool for building connecting with current and potential customers.
Once you’ve gotten a firm handle on how your Facebook business page works, you will soon be able to drive real sales and grow your brand.
Want more great tips on how to grow your health & wellness business? Click to join our mailing list for FREE!